I recently did a lvreduce on a 4.5GB logical volume by 2GB and created a second
logical volume.  I never got around to recreating the file system on the
original logical volume.  This weekend when the system got shutdown it died on
the restart because of this.  It is running fsck and I have been looking at and
clearing screens full of y for hours.  How long might this take and what are my
options for punting.  I can recover the data so that isn't a concern.
--
Bill Dodge
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there."
Lewis Carroll
"If you don't know where you are, a map won't help" Unknown