>> #cp vi vmsg 0 1

Hi,
Remember that you have 15 seconds, by default,  to enter this command.
I'm not so fast, so I prefer to record my options on PF keys, like this
model of PROFILE.EXEC:

/*****/
'CLOSE RDR'
'CP PURGE RDR ALL'
'SWAPGEN B000 1000 (DIAG'
'SWAPGEN B001  500 (DIAG'
"CP SET PF1 #CP VI VMSG 0 1"
"CP SET PF2 #CP VI VMSG 0 2"
"CP SET PF3 #CP VI VMSG 0 3"
Select
   When userid() = 'LNXSUSE' Then 'CP IPL 9000 CLEAR' /* SUSE */
   Otherwise                      'CP IPL 9004 CLEAR' /* RHEL */
End
Exit rc

This is an example, I haven't 3 options, yet. But the time is enough to
enter a PF key and the ENTER key.
If somebody is slower than me, you can set "... PF1 IMM #CP ..." and the
"IMMediate" parameter will reduce to only one key...   ;-)
Good luck.
Clovis Pereira
zVM & zOS Support -  SWS
Maintenance and Technical Support Services
MTS Brazil
phone: 55-11-2132-3399
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             Mark Post
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: Linux on         LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
             390 Port                                                   cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       Re: var subdirectory

             29/09/2008 11:23

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

>>> On 9/27/2008 at  4:38 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Gentry,
Stephen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
> If I'm supposed to issue init 1 at startup time, where do I do
> that?  At startup time, I get a list of kernels and I can issue a #cp
> command to choose which kernel. If I have to do the init 1 here, how do
> I do it?

#cp vi vmsg 0 1

The zero selects your default kernel, and the one tells the system to come
up in runlevel 1.  You can specify other parameters as well.

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: pic08800.gif>>

<<inline: ecblank.gif>>