we are activating RACFVM to supply necessary security for our VM systems.

There is some debate as to whether it is worth activating DIRMAINT as well.

We only have a few users who ever update the directory and it is questioned
as to whether the extra complexity of DIRMAINT with its attendant overheads
and possible system fragility is worth the small increment in security it
seems could provide.

Is there a preexisting consensus on this matter?

This email is confidential and may contain copyright material of the John Lewis
Partnership.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete
all copies of this message.
(Please note that it is your responsibility to scan this message for viruses).
Email to and from the
John Lewis Partnership is automatically monitored for operational and lawful
business reasons.

John Lewis plc
Registered in England 233462
Registered office 171 Victoria Street London SW1E 5NN

Websites: http://www.johnlewis.com
http://www.waitrose.com
http://www.greenbee.com
http://www.johnlewispartnership.co.uk