Ceruti, Gerard G wrote:
> Hi All
>
> When defining the QDIO CHPID in HCD is there any issue with defining a
> Frame Size of 64K ?, if we leave our MTU at 8K other than the some
> storage wastage are there any other issues we need to be aware of
>
> Regards
> Gerard Ceruti
> may the 'z' be with you

Hi Gerard,
it works without "other" issues. But I'm curious as to why you would
want to set the MTU=8K?

Jumbo frames are typically set on OSA's at 8992, so unless this is
strictly LPAR to LPAR on the same CEC, then "PATH MTU DISCOVERY" may be
in order (or setting all IFs to the same MTU) to prevent segmentation if
packets arrive from a OSA and are bound for the HiperSockets. It all
depends on what packet routing you will be doing.

Without knowing your OS's, applications or network topology its hard to
advise.....

mark