Gerard,

In a qdio environment, you have a queue of buffers (default 16
inbound).  Depending on you situation, the storage wastage can add up.
I am not sure, but I think that these buffers have to be locked in
storage.  If you have a large number of hipersocket connections and a
large number of machines, and you are not in a storage rich environment,
this could affect paging rates.

Last year when we did our unicode conversion we maxed out frame size,
the mtu size, and the DB2 connect buffer size.  After the conversion, we
cut everything back because we were not in a storage  rich environment.
(We had made the
hipersocket connection with the large frame size part of our clone
master.  We ended up with around 30 or so Linux
guests with large frame sizes they did not need.)

Ron Foster

Ceruti, Gerard G wrote:
Hi Mark

This is pure HiperSocket setup, all internal on the same CEC, RHEL and SUSE
guests talking to DB2 on zOS.

Regards
Gerard Ceruti
may the 'z' be with you