I think the problems are the vended products for which you cannot obtain
source, and for which the vendor is unable or unwilling to create zSeries
binaries.

An Intel binary executor on p Series makes sense for this; you can move the
product and run it, with very little hassle. This would be a fine solution
for z Series as well, if it were available, but I don't see it happening.

We've "lost" several internal customers because they were running a vended
product that could not be converted to z. We catch them again with Blades
and VMWare and standalone systems, but they aren't a good fit for z no
matter how hard you push.

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\