I apologize to anyone I may have offended with my lacking of etiquette on
this question.  The question went south as soon as I asked - with remarks
and non relevant discussions.  My understanding of an open forum was
obviously incorrect.  So again I apologize.  I agree that vendor R&D are
taboo.   The question was answered a while back by the vendor. As part of
this etiquette list:  I would expect that inane humorous email comments
should also be strongly discouraged. They are rude.  If someone has an
issue with my comments in the future feel free to contact me - my contact
info is below and always included in my emails.

'Where ever you go - There you are!! '
Richard (Gaz) Gasiorowski
Global Solutions & Technology
Principal Lead Infrastructure Architect
CSC
3170 Fairview Park Dr., Falls Church, VA 22042
845-773-9243 Work|845-392-7889 Cell|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|www.csc.com

delivery.
purpose.

Steve Carl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
10/21/2008 03:03 PM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Lx86

Point of list etiquette: If a commercial vendor offers a free, Open Source
solution, is it rude to talk about it here?

Steve Carl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog: http://on-being-open.blogspot.com
Blog @ BMC: http://talk.bmc.com/blogs/blog-carl/steve-carl/