Dave,

There really is no more need to beat this issue up on this open forum.  As
 I  stated in my previous email,  if you wish to speak to me further on
this question or explain etiquette to me - my contact info is below.

'Where ever you go - There you are!! '
Richard (Gaz) Gasiorowski
Global Solutions & Technology
Principal Lead Infrastructure Architect
CSC
3170 Fairview Park Dr., Falls Church, VA 22042
845-773-9243 Work|845-392-7889 Cell|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|www.csc.com

delivery.
purpose.

David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
10/22/2008 10:40 AM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Lx86

> I apologize to anyone I may have offended with my lacking of etiquette
on
> this question.

There's no way you could have known, which is why I took the time to
tell you the expectations. We tend to try to let people choose whether
they want to pursue more information rather than let the marketing
droids out of their pens. We all get enough of that everywhere else.

You got partial answers to indicate that there were more opportunities
available to you other than the answer from IBM, and you don't seem
happy with the responses you got. AFAIK, you haven't taken the
opportunity to pursue any of the other options, so we (I) suggested you
do so. That too is an answer.

> The question went south as soon as I asked - with remarks
> and non relevant discussions.  My understanding of an open forum was
> obviously incorrect.  So again I apologize.

No need to apologize. Now you understand the rules of discourse.

BTW, this is a significant difference in the VM and Linux on Z community
from the general Linux world. There is a basic expectation of civility
that is absent from the general Linux world, and I think it helps the
discussion. If you think *we're* uppity, the Linux kernel mailing list
is a whole 'nother universe of rude. 8-)

> I agree that vendor R&D are
> taboo.   The question was answered a while back by the vendor.

By *a* vendor. IBM isn't the only player here.

> As part of
> this etiquette list:  I would expect that inane humorous email
comments
> should also be strongly discouraged. They are rude.

And they are, when they get out of hand. Take a look at the list
archives, and you'll see lots of examples.

-- db