>>> On 11/13/2008 at 12:53 PM, "Jones, Russell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am running Slack/390 10.1, and I am trying to schedule a cron job to
> run with root authority. Nothing I put in the root crontab seems to be
> firing. This is the first cron task that I have attempted to set up as
> root. Is there more that needs to be done than just add the entry in
> crontab to set up a new cron user?

There shouldn't be.  Usually failure of crontab entries to work are related to
assuming that the various environment variables a user normally has (such as
PATH) will be set when cron fires off the task.  They aren't.  So, instead of
having commands like "cp from to" you should try "/bin/cp from to" and so forth.