>>> On 11/19/2008 at  5:39 PM, David Stuart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
> I recently installed SLES 10 SP 2.  I am running in an LPAR (no, no
> z/VM...).  I have two OSA-Express cards that are shared with other LPARs.
> Both work, but not at the same time.  It seems to be either one or the other.
>
> On a previous install of SLES 9 SP 3 on a 9672, I was able to have two
> OSA(/2) ports up and active, each with their own IP address and name.  But on
> SLES 10 SP 2, it doesn't seem to matter what I do, only 1 port will be active
> and accept connections.  And I can't seem to assign different names to the
> ports.

I think you're going to have to provide examples.  Commands issued, results
received, etc.  What you want to do, as you experienced previously, is entirely
feasible.

How are you trying to configure the interfaces?  Via YaST, or manually?  What
configuration parms are you trying to set for each of them?