Haven't worked with RACF on VM in over a decade, but in RACF on z/OS
there is the concept of "protected" user IDs; ones that are not assigned
passwords at all, that are commonly used for z/OS "started tasks" and
might be adaptable to XAUTOLOGged VMs.  The drawback to them is they
cannot be used for logon via any means that requires entry of a
password.

RACF on z/OS also allows for setting individual passwords
"non-expiring"; perhaps RACF on VM does likewise?

    -jc-