Thanks to all who replied.  I was able to get it working properly by
removing all of the default routes except for one.  I also replaced
those default routes (in the ifroute files) with the other more specific
routes.

Now my route table look like this:

Kernel IP routing table
Destination         Gateway             Genmask     Flags Metric Ref
Use Iface
x.y.z.128       *                       255.255.255.224 U     0      0
0 eth0
link-local      *                       255.255.0.0     U     0      0
0 eth0
1.0.0.0         1.a.1.1         255.0.0.0       UG    0      0        0
eth2
2.0.0.0         2.b.1.1         255.0.0.0       UG    0      0        0
eth1
loopback        *                       255.0.0.0       U     0      0
0 lo
default         x.y.z.129       0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0
eth0

VR,

Justin Sollenberger

Linux on System z Administrator