We have a security requirement (which is common with Linux) to prevent
ssh login for root (setting PermitRootLogin to no).  One problem we
find, as system administrators, we like to use secure copy (remote file
copy program, scp) files between systems. However this will not work for
any root level files, since scp uses ssh to copy files over a network.
Does anyone have a suggested solution or better way around this issue?

James Chaplin

Systems Programmer, MVS, zVM & zLinux

Base Technologies, Inc

Supporting the zSeries Platform Team
Data Center Operations Branch

Enterprise Data Center Operations Group
Enterprise Data Management & Engineering Division

Office of Information and Technology

Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Customs & Border Protection

(703) 921-6220

james.chap...@cbp.dhs.gov