Background:

Upgrading a system to current level. Have a vendor product that insists on
the installation of a backlevel component application that causes the
configuration and service management system to report errors in the
configuration. Vendor insists that the backlevel component is the only way,
but the errors cause problems with future upgrades and overall configuration
management by reporting false positives when checked for whether the system
is up to date and has all service applied.

Question:

I believe the maker of the vendor product is in error here. Am I wrong?

-- db