Ivan Warren wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:
This is what I would do, and why I reckon Linux security to be so
feeble[1]. One does need to know the commands to mount needed
filesystems.

[1]Give me your disk or physical access to your computer, and not even
your boot-time password's enough.

Hmm.. Even boot-time controled whole disk encryption ?

May depend on where the key is:-) And, I'd need time for research.

Then again.. besides from the above example, it's pretty much true for
any system (not only linux)..

Windows is a little more difficult, I need a Linux boot disk and the
right program, and if it's a domain controller there's another trick
after that.

Which reminds me, I still have a fight to win against OS X.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait