>>> On 3/12/2009 at  3:34 PM, Bruce Hayden <bjhay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Novell starter system?  Humm, I didn't know if that was
> recommended or supported on that system.  I guess we have to find out
> what she really wants to do.  But anyway, I'd rather connect a guest
> to multiple vlans via multiple nics and vswitches rather than using
> 802.1q.

It's certainly not something we tested, but there's no reason it shouldn't
work.  It's not a supported product anyway, but we always try to help people
make things work.  And, if her network people are telling her that's what she
has to do, then Alan's rule that "network people control the network" comes
into play.