I think I need somebody to look over my shoulder. I just built a new server and
cannot get the hipersockets to come online. They are working just fine on the
one one other server I have them setup on using addresses 7104-7106.
They are define in HCD as:
7100,48  IQD

In user direct:
DEDICATE 710C 710C
DEDICATE 710D 710D
DEDICATE 710E 710E

In /etc/modprobe.conf:
alias hsi0 qeth
options dasd_mod dasd=201-219
alias scsi_hostadapter zfcp

in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-hsi0:
DEVICE=hsi0
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=yes
NETTYPE=qeth
MTU=8192
SUBCHANNELS=0.0.710C,0.0.710D,0.0.710E
IPADDR=10.1.160.43
NETMASK=255.255.255.255
OPTIONS='fake_ll=1'

A 'vmcp q osa' displays:
OSA  710C ON OSA   710C SUBCHANNEL = 0015
     710C DEVTYPE HIPER       CHPID 20 IQD
     710C QDIO-ELIGIBLE       QIOASSIST-ELIGIBLE
OSA  710D ON OSA   710D SUBCHANNEL = 0016
     710D DEVTYPE HIPER       CHPID 20 IQD
     710D QDIO-ELIGIBLE       QIOASSIST-ELIGIBLE
OSA  710E ON OSA   710E SUBCHANNEL = 0017
     710E DEVTYPE HIPER       CHPID 20 IQD
     710E QDIO-ELIGIBLE       QIOASSIST-ELIGIBLE

But ifup hsi0 tells me:
qeth device hsi0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.

All this looks like the server that is working. Anybody see anything I've
missed?

Thanks
Bobby Bauer
Center for Information Technology