I'm not sure which variations of zipl menu parameters you tried and I
haven't confirmed my suggestion, but did you use one of the following?:

0 s

or

1 s

I.e. appending Linux kernel parameters to the zipl menu item number on
the hardware messages console.

You may find more details in the Device Drivers Book in the Appendix
"Booting Linux", Section "Booting Linux in LPAR mode", Subsection
"Booting from DASD, tape, or SCSI" on pages 432-436.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/linux390/october2005_documentation.html
http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/dw/linux390/docu/l26cdd04.pdf

On 04/07/2009 05:14 PM, Saul Thersites wrote:
> This is running native. No z/VM and my boot screen does not have
>
>   Note: VM users please use '#cp vi vmsg <number> <kernel-parameters>'

>> <2d2d8f600904070735n52c1ffe7q1b82c984befba...@mail.gmail.com>, Saul
>> Thersites
>> <fromandrom...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Just tried that as well. Didn't work.
>>> Any time I enter in anything other than 0 or 1 I get:
>>>
>>> Please choose:
>>> Error: undefined configuration

>> two

Steffen

Linux on System z Development

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Erich Baier
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen