>>> On 4/13/2009 at  2:31 PM, Harold Grovesteen <h.grovst...@tx.rr.com> wrote:
-snip-
> I would not deny that this might be a problem, but with an instruction
> count of 2, it did not get very far, unless of course it is the very
> first instruction. This question came up on the Hercules list, and I
> recommended this list. Can anyone validate for the poster, the correct
> .ins file content?

I just fired up my 2 year old version of Hercules with this suse.ins file:
# cat suse.ins
* SuSE Linux for zSeries Installation/Rescue System
tapeipl.ikr 0x00000000
initrd.off 0x0001040c
initrd.siz 0x00010414
initrd 0x00800000
parmfile 0x00010480

Within a couple of seconds I got these messages on the console:
Linux version 2.6.27.19 (ge...@buildhost) (gcc version 4.3.2 gcc-4_3-branch
revision 141291! (SUSE Linux) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Feb 28 07:36:00 UTC 2009
setup.6bac7a: Linux is running natively in 64-bit mode
Zone PFN ranges:
  DMA      0x00000000 -> 0x00080000
  Normal   0x00080000 -> 0x00080000
Movable zone start PFN for each node