From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of
Jack Woehr
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:28 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Stopping java based applications

CHAPLIN, JAMES (CTR) wrote:
> We want anyone in the group level to be able to also issue
> the kill command (in the script). Is there a way to allow users in a
> group to kill each other's started processes.

You can have a script or program

    * with the setuid bit set
    * with the write permissions off
    * with group execute perms but no user execute perms

--
Jack J. Woehr            # I run for public office from time to time.
It's like

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or