>>> On 7/22/2009 at 11:48 AM, David Stuart <david.stu...@ventura.org> wrote:
-snip-
> Not being all that familiar with linux, or having the time to work with it
> and really learn it, I have a tendency to use Yast(2).  However, I apparently
> shouldn't use Network Manager...

Absolutely.  As it is currently designed, Network Manager will only allow one
network interface to be active at a time.  The intent is that it will be used
on things like laptops that have both Ethernet and wireless NICs, and cables
get plugged and unplugged, etc.  It's not the default on server installs for
obvious reasons, but is still made available because a number of people do
install SLES on such devices.