Cross-posted to Linux-390, IBMVM, and IBM-Main

The idea of having a Wiki (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wiki) for
mainframe Linux and z/VM has been floating around for some time.  It was
thought that having a Wiki with a fair amount of content already in it would
help it reach a "critical mass" of usability far sooner than might otherwise
happen.  A fair amount of behind-the-scenes work has been done over the last
couple of years to make that happen, without much success.

So, I've decided to take a different approach.  With the assistance of Marist
College (and Velocity Software who owns the domain name), I've put up a Wiki at
http://wiki.linuxvm.org/wiki/ for people to contribute content.  We'll see how
things go from here to determine if it's worth keeping or not.

There are a few rules, for lack of a better term, that will apply to the Wiki,
none of them particularly onerous:
   1.  Although technically not required, we would prefer that anyone
contributing to the wiki create an account before doing so.
   2. Keep things civil and professional, both in the articles themselves, as
well as the discussion pages for them.
   3. Keep things accurate. We expect vendor-specific information to be entered
here (although we'd prefer to not have pricing details). But, any exaggerated
claims, vapor ware announcements and the like are subject to summary deletion.
   4. Try to keep bias to a minimum. Everyone has their favorite distribution
or way of doing things. Try not to let others people's preferences in those
areas be cause for any Holy Wars [TM].
   5. If you don't own the copyright to something, don't add it to the wiki.
   6. Use common sense in general.

I hope that people find this useful, and are willing to contribute as they are
able.  With any luck, it will become a valuable resource for everyone that
might become involved in running Linux on System z.

Thanks,