The subject pretty much says it all.

When we startup/initialize WAS Version 7 the IFL goes to max CPU, the
elapsed time for WAS initialization is 5 minutes to 8 minutes.
This is just during WAS initialization.  The application that are being
built and run there appear to work fine in the environment.
The concern is the impact to startup/initialization of WAS
(test/development/QA) environments on the production WAS as we have single
IFL and VM LPAR.
Believe we may be able to mitigate the impact of WAS (T/D/QA) through
favoring the productions environments.
Wanted to see what others might suggest to look into to "tune" the
initialization impact.
Have heard that WAS 7 may be experiencing this where as WAS 6 this may not
have been so prominent

SuSE has the Novell delivered JAVA 64B 1.5 SR10 and WAS 7 uses the IBM
delivered version of JAVA 64B 1.6 SR5.

It may pay to focus on the WAS  & JAVA 1.6 environments.

Mike Neeley, CISSP
Director, Technical Services
American General Finance
812-468-5596

Email Disclaimer
This  E-mail  contains  confidential  information  belonging to the sender,
which  may be legally privileged information.  This information is intended
only  for  the use of the individual or entity addressed above.  If you are not
 the  intended  recipient, or  an  employee  or  agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure,  copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on
the contents of the E-mail or attached files is strictly prohibited.