<snip>

> Yes. They could. Which is why Real Unix Users don't log on as
> root and
> mostly use sudo to execute well-thought-out commands.
>
> If you can't learn to partition your world thusly, and back up
> regularly, you really shouldn't use Unix.
>
> --
> Jack J. Woehr            # <'I know what "it" means well

That is exactly how I do it. I sudo to do any work that needs UID(0). And my id
is "nothing special" other than having sudo priviliges. I learned that very
fast. If you run as root normally, you might as well use Windows! <grin>

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell