From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Eddie Chen
Sent: Tuesday, 3 November 2009 3:57 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: emulating a z/OS DDNAME dataset concatenation in Linux

 I don't know  the program/applications  is being used or you are running.

 what you can do in  use the DDNAME as an  environmental variable  that
points to the file name(dataset name)... You need to keep a list of dataset
 as the it complete the first it will update the environmental variable to
point to the second dataset name.

i.e    MYDSN=/opt/data/dataset.name.one then change it to "two"