Scott Rohling wrote:
I'm glad you wouldn't be disturbed by user/accounts that you, the sysprog,
deleted and finding them magically restored.

User accounts, yes. System accounts, no ... one is curious, but the answer is pretty obvious, One of the first posters in the discussoon nailed it, anyway, so I thought that was a dead issue.

   I am, Marcy is - and you are
not helping.

I'm more disturbed that this kind of snipe hunt, the deleting of well-known no-login system accounts that date back in Unix history to the 1980's, is viewed by the Linux 390 community as a useful or rational activity that can be mandated by management without your laughing in their faces.

--
Jack J. Woehr            # «'I know what "it" means well enough, when I find
http://www.well.com/~jax # a thing,' said the Duck: 'it's generally a frog or