>>> On 11/3/2009 at 11:33 AM, Jack Woehr <j...@well.com> wrote:
-snip-
> I'm more disturbed that this kind of snipe hunt, the deleting of
> well-known no-login system accounts
> that date back in Unix history to the 1980's, is viewed by the Linux 390
> community as a useful or
> rational activity that can be mandated by management without your
> laughing in their faces.

No one has said it's rational or useful (at least I haven't), but it is
necessary, for the numerous reasons everyone has been relating.  Technicians
don't get to ignore executive management mandates.  They can, and do, criticize
them and complain about them, but for something like this that is pretty small
potatoes in the grand scheme of things, they do their job as directed.  There
have been issues in the past where I would have refused to do as directed, but
not for something this petty.