On 11/10/09 3:51 PM, "Pat Carroll" <pcarr...@llbean.com> wrote:

> I agree, it's all about money. It seems to me that an educational
> license would be a *good* long term investment, even if a few are
> abused. Or maybe IBM's commitment to the "NextGen" is not as strong as
> we are led to believe.

By observation, the death spiral for VM licenses in educational institutions
accelrated dramatically with the death of the HESC (higher ed software
consortium) program, which had reasonable pricing for eductional use of
software, etc. A zPDT-like solution administered by someone like SHARE or
WAVV would be a very attractive way to lure them back.