On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Marcy Cortes wrote:

> You can restrict them up the wazoo but if someone has written a security law
> that says "remove unnecessary accounts", you'd like them to stay removed when
> you remove them.
> And it's pretty darn hard to convince an auditor that "games" are necessary
> on a server that processes financial transactions.  Can you see the big red
> flags waving around?

In the near term, as y'all do,
you probably need to run post-processing after every patch activity.
This is annoying, but I have come to accept it:  Either use binary
packages as-shipped and then clean them up or build them yourself
from sources and configure them as you need.  Either way, you WILL
have some "build" activity to do.