I think the answer depends on whether this is simply a 'proof of concept' or
if the result is supposed to be a supportable solution.

I'm guessing that for now, it's proof of concept..  so as Ruddy suggested,
CentOS might be a good choice since it's RH based.   I'm sure RH and Novell
provide 'trial' periods too.

Ultimately, as others have said - you'll need to choose one of the supported
Linux distros for DB2Connect if your goal is a vendor-supportable
solution.   And even if proof of concept -- it's a 'good thing' to try and
start with supported solutions and not have to start over when you've proved
your concept and now want to run with it.

Scott