Do you have an open systems group in your shop? Buy a large box of donuts and
pay them a visit. Many quick answers can be found just down the hall in many
shops.
======== yes, thanks; I've touched base w/ that guy and he is being helpful

One Question, why go with free source code?
====  b/c this agency refuses to spend any money on this project

Will you be putting any production applications on zLinux?
====  db2connect

Is there a detail play within your organization to use zLinux, or is this just
a playground?
==== no idea yet

And push for zVM, that is where the magic begins,
==== zVM co$t$ money, (other than free "evaluation copy")  which this place
doesn't want to spend

thanks

James Chaplin