On 01/13/2010 09:32 AM, Melancon, Ruddy wrote:
I have been in your situatuion before.  I would try the Centos for your project
since it is very closely related to Red Hat.  This way if management were to
decide to spring for a supported license you could use Red Hat and be
comfortable with the result.

And, more importantly, Red Hat has ways to bring you from CentOS to RHEL
in a supported manner without requiring a OS reinstall, should your
company ever chose to do so.  The other options (Debian, Fedora, etc)
don't have such methods to go from unsupported to supported without
wiping everything and starting anew.