On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 11:00 -0400, Richard Troth wrote:

> As others have said, ReiserFS wants to replay the journal.  EXT3 does
> too.  (Not sure about EXT4.)  So for RO I recommend EXT2.

Whilst I'm prepared to believe anything of reiserfs (not having
attempted to use it since before it was named thus), I query the
assertion re ext3. Were it to be mounted r/o everywhere, I fail to see
how the filesystem could have meta-data that would need replaying.
But I admit to not having specifically tested that - maybe someday.

Shane ...