>>> On 1/3/2011 at 10:59 AM, Samir Reddahi <samir.redd...@securex.be> wrote:
> a couple of questions:
>
> 1) Are there any disadvantages of formatting disks as ldl instead of cdl?

With LDL, you only get one (automagically created) partition.  With z/VM that's
not such a huge problem, since disks can be made any arbitrary size.  In an
LPAR environment, it can cause a lot of disk to be wasted if you don't plan
things out.

> 2) Is it true that /boot directory has to be located on a non-DIAG disk?

Not to my knowledge.

> 3) What kind of performance improvement can I expect from a move to DIAG
> dasd
> 4) Any disadvantages of using DIAG instead of ECKD?

I'll let Barton or Rob answer these two.