From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of
Ronald van der Laan
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2011 9:23 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Server rebooting after doing a CP Q DA from the console

James,

As Alan said, someone is intercepting in Linux your CP command.
The "vmcp q term" does not generate so much output that it does not fit
in
the standard vmcp buffer, so you should be fairly safe issueing that
command.
An other option is to issue from an other authorized VM user (for
instance
MAINT) the command "FOR <linux_guest_id> CMD QUERY TERMINAL"

For what it is worth, in my days as an operator (a long long time ago),
we
intercepted the "D T" command, sometimes issued by MVS operators to
"Display
Time".  Only on VM it was a "Dump Terminal", so we were less amused when
that got issued under OPERATOR ......

Ronald van der Laan

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or