On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 3:10 AM, Mauro Souza <thoriu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw this problem some time ago with an Oracle RAC guest. It haven't set
> the CP SET RUN ON, and as soon as the client issued some #CP Q SOMETHING,
> the server froze down, and linux rebooted. Looks like Oracle RAC have some

So we're talking about virtual-MP in both cases? Are both also using
cpuplugd to vary off CPUs maybe?

> kind of watchdog, and as CP MODE stops running Linux kernel for a little
> moment, the watchdog thinks the system froze down, and reboots the system.
> Setting RUN ON solved the problem.
> You can try this, it won't hurt, and I think RUN ON should be the default.

Setting RUN ON will only prevent the CP READ upon reconnect. You
should not need to reconnect a perfectly runing system. With RUN ON
you may get buried in console output that prevents you from doing what
you came for. I recommend to have RUN OFF and be aware of the CP READ
when you have to reconnect.

Rob