And if he doesn't know enough of VNC to change from twm to something else,
you can install mwm, or the heavy gnome-desktop, and just edit
~/.vnc/xstartup and change from twm to mwm or gnome-desktop.

Mauro
http://mauro.limeiratem.com - registered Linux User: 294521
Scripture is both history, and a love letter from God.