Hi Bobby,

Can you check further back in the older logs (/var/log/update-<date> if you
have logrotate installed) to see if this is the 12th up2date checkin?  What may
be happening is that rhnsd is designed to check in regularly 11 times, then on
the 12th time it applies some random jitter to the time (to avoid lots of
systems checking in at the same frequency all the time).  After that it resumes
the 4 hour checkins.

--
Brad Hinson <bhin...@redhat.com>
Worldwide System z Sales, Strategy, Marketing