Klaus

Have you patched your SLES 11 SP1 system to current patch levels?   I
believe there were patches published for this condition.
I had encountered the same issue when SP1 went GA.

Before it is patched, it will work fine for a while, then out of the blue
new ssh connections hang, however an existing connection
will continue to work fine.

Regards

Richard G. Young
 777 E Wisconsin Ave