>>> On 3/19/2012 at 09:36 AM, Mark Pace <pacemainl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having problems with the new disk I just added to an LVM group.  When I
> reboot the system the new DASD is not online.  So I have to do a chccwdev
> -e 0.0.0207   How do I make it come online automatically when I boot?

If you're talking about SLES, then:
dasd_configure 0.0.0207 1

Which will probably fail, since you've already brought it online.  (Which makes
me think a "write the udev rules anyway" switch would be a nice enhancement
request.)

So, the next time you reboot your system, run that command and _not_ chccwdev
and the problem should go away.  You would only need to run mkinitrd and zipl
if that volume makes up part of the root file system.  (One more reason why I
don't like making the root file system an LV.)