> I add 2 more dasd for this guest's directory like below:
> MDISK 0207 3390 0001 END LBE508 MR LNX4VM LNX4VM LNX4VM MDISK
> 0208 3390 0001 END LBE509 MR LNX4VM LNX4VM LNX4VM
>
> On linux, I want create a volume group by these 2 dasd. But system reject
> creating this volume group.
> A warning diaglog pop-up showing following messages:
> Failure occurred during following action:
> Creating volume group testvg from /dev/dasde /dev/dasdk System error
> code was: -4010
>
> At the same time, I also found error messages on this guest's console:
>  dasde:
> Warning, expected Label VOL1 not found, treating as CDL formated Disk Jan
> 29 19:12:03 LXCPOB kernel: Warning, expected Label VOL1 not found,
> treating as CDL formated Disk
>  dasdk:
> Warning, expected Label VOL1 not found, treating as CDL formated Disk Jan
> 29 19:12:03 LXCPOB kernel: Warning, expected Label VOL1 not found,
> treating as CDL formated Disk
> Anyone has idea about this problem?

The Linux disk driver probes to determine if there is a valid IBM standard
label on any disk device it sees; if not, it falls back to assuming the disk is
a CDL formatted disk (a bad assumption IMHO, but then I'd like to see CDL
completely go away so we don't have to explain this weirdness to people). All
those messages are telling you is that that probe process didn't find a IBM
standard label. They're normal for unformatted disks.

To get rid of them, you need to format and partition the new disks with fdisk
and dasdfmt.
Adding the MDISK statement is equivalent to plugging in a brand new blank
drive; you still have to format the drive for use with the operating system.

If you want to do that outside the Linux environment, use LXFMT
(http://www.sinenomine.net/products/vm/lxfmt). Free.