Hi, All,

We're just getting started with Linux (RHEL6.3) on z/VM (6.2, non-SSI).  We
generally followed the "Virtualization Cookbook" published by Mike MacIsaac and
others at IBM, and got our first RHEL web server up and running.  Then we tried
to define a Hipersockets network (this server will eventually need to
communicate with z/OS running in another LPAR).

When we configured the Linux vm and "bounced" it, we are no longer able to
reach it.  Logging on to the z/VM user ID, then as root in Linux, the ifconfig
command shows only the hipersockets interface, which is not connected to the
"outside world".

How do we configure Linux so that both interfaces (eth0 and hsi0) are
configured at startup time?

Thanks in advance

    -jc-

Information contained in this e-mail message and in any attachments thereto is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems, notify the sender immediately,
and refrain from using or disclosing all or any part of its content to any
other person.