Be sure to place the hipersocket address first in the home list before any
SOURCEVIPA addresses in PROFILE TCPIP fm.  Do this in z/VM and in z/OS both.

Kyle Stewart

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Chase,
John
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:34 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Hipersockets "broke" Ethernet?

And that fixed that problem.  We now have both interfaces working, but the
hipersockets network appears to be "one-way" at the moment:  We can ping z/OS
from Linux, but cannot ping Linux from z/OS.

I don't believe that side of the question belongs on this forum, but if
somebody wants to respond off-list, please do.

    -jc-

Information contained in this e-mail message and in any attachments thereto is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems, notify the sender immediately,
and refrain from using or disclosing all or any part of its content to any
other person.

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/

THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE, INCLUDING ANY ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTS, IS CONFIDENTIAL
and may contain information that is privileged and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are neither the intended recipient nor responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, please note that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance
upon the message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.  Thank you.