I believe it's supposed to be Layer 2; connects to a vswitch.

> > qdio: 0.0.7002 HS on SC 2 using AI:1 QEBSM:1 PCI:0 TDD:1 SIGA:RW AO
> > qeth: register layer 2 discipline
>
> What all does the ifcfg-eth0 file have in it?

[root@myPenguin ~]# cat ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
DNS1=10.1.4.73
DOMAIN=ourshop.com
GATEWAY=10.1.1.1
IPADDR=10.1.1.36
MTU=1500
NETMASK=255.255.255.192
NETTYPE=qeth
NM_CONTROLLED=yes
ONBOOT=yes
PORTNAME="DONTCARE"
SUBCHANNELS="0.0.0600,0.0.0601,0.0.0602"
TYPE=Ethernet
UUID="646a685e-75d1-4ef4-bc5e-7482b66a7981"
IPV6INIT=no
USERCTL=no
[root@myPenguin ~]#

Now, what's missing from this file that is present in the same file on our
"golden" image is the statement:

OPTIONS="layer2=0 portno=0"

I don't know why that statement is missing, unless our "network guy" deleted it
from the penguin that doesn't talk while he was trying to figure out
Hipersockets.

I also notice the "golden" copy has BOOTPROTO="static" instead of "none".

I'll set both back to "golden" and see what happens.

    -jc-

Information contained in this e-mail message and in any attachments thereto is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems, notify the sender immediately,
and refrain from using or disclosing all or any part of its content to any
other person.