Don't know if you are right, but we do that.  We have a routine that
periodically hits WebSphere to keep it "cached up."  Seems to work.

Rob?

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Meyer,
Kenneth J
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 10:04 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: linux cache

Couldn't you make sure a mindless JAVA routine is running all the time, which
could at least keep some of the needed pages from being paged out by z/VM?
If the JVM is always busy, perhaps it would help performance?

Ken

snip..

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/
Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm