>>> On 11/12/2014 at 08:46 AM, "Levy, Alan" <al...@doitt.nyc.gov> wrote:
> Just starting to test with sles12. My colleagues and I are trying to find a
> good way of setting up the mount points.
>
> In the past, we have used the following methodology (on a mod-9):
>
> 191 - profile exec
> 292 - 1500 cyl/1G             /
> 293 - 730 cyl/.5G              swap
> 294 - 4785 cyl/3.3G         /usr
> 295 - 1500 cyl/1G             /usr/local
> 296 - 1500 cyl/1G             /var/log
>
> Now that /, /usr and swap are included in the btrfs subvolumes, we are
> wondering whether to continue this methodology (of minidisks) or whether to
> create one big minidisk (on a mod-29) as 292 - 32276 cyl - 22G and then
> partition it further into /opt, /home etc.
>
> I have tried it with minidisks like this:
>
> 191 - profile exec
> 292 - 10500 cyl/7G           /             /usr        swap
> 293 - 6000 cyl/4G             /var
> 294 - 6000 cyl/4G             /opt
> 295 - 6000 cyl/4G             /tmp
> 296 - 3775 cyl/3G             /home
>
> I  keep getting errors (might have to open pmr on this):
>
> DEPEND Dependency failed for /var.
> EPEND Dependency failed for Local File Systems.
> DEPEND Dependency failed for Postfix Mail Transport Agent.

I would have expected you to get a warning from YaST about having other file
systems interfering with the subvolumes.  Such as /home, and a bunch of stuff
under /var.  Did that happen?  When you ssh in, what do you see with the df
command?  Can you see the /var/log/YaST2 directory?

I tried to replicate your problem.  I did get the warning, but said to
continue.  I did _not_ see the failed dependency messages you got.  But, due to
the btrfs subvolumes being mounted over /var after the installation completed,
a lot of directories and files that were in /var are masked by the additional
mounts.