>>> On 12/17/2014 at 09:41 AM, Mark Pace <pacemainl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> With btrfs now the default file system on sles12, is there a new
> recommended way to layout DASD devices?
> I would think if you had really big 3390 devices that btrfs makes sense.
> But still working with mod-9s it doesn't seem like the right fit.
>
> I'm still putting / on a minidisk and then creating a large LVM and
> breaking out
> home
> srv
> tmp
> usr
> var
> opt

You need to be aware of how btrfs and subvolumes work so that you don't
accidentally prevent automatic snapshots being taken of everything that is
needed to do an operating system rollback in the event of a problem.  Being
able to boot the system from a prior snapshot is a pretty nice feature to have.