I'm not going to try an answer all the questions, however hopefully I can
put some context into how SCO (or IBM Cloud Orchestrator) and WAVE
complement each other or how they can be used to serve independent
purposes.

WAVE does a lot more then just provisioning.
If you have SCO, you would most likely use that for provisioning over
WAVE.
- With the WAVE "hooks" in your golden Linux images, clones will be
visible and accessible from WAVE.
- Simplified z/VM GUI view of even your virtual networks helps ease system
admin requirements and I like "projects" too.
- Projects create a great way to host and present IaaS to lines of
businesses.
- Wave also presents performance dashboards.  It is limited to z/VM with
Linux.

SCO really completes all the cloud requirements, and is not limited to
z/VM with Linux.
- Beyond the self service portal, it includes virtual machine life cycle
management, patch management, charge back etc.

Here's a SCO video that includes use of endpoint patch management for a
deployed guest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D18gEZcfgTU

Hopefully this is helpful.
Thanks and Best Regards,

Kurt Acker
IBM Smarter Planet, Smarter Data Centers
Virtualization and Enterprise System Management Technologies