BTW, I was playing with KVM few days ago and it looks pretty awesome in terms
of maintaining the environment and deploying new VMs but the performance for me
was really bad.
And I mean extremely bad. I am not sure if it was because I made the KVM host
(sles12) run as a virtual machine in z/VM or I was  doing something else wrong.
I know that having kvm virtual machines in a 3rd level (under sles -> under
z/VM) will impact performance but my case it was extremly bad. It was like
running linux in hercules s390 in 2006 on old x86 desktop.

The installation of linux in kvm virtual machine took 3-4 hours. Every
operation that involves cpu and memory takes 3-10 time more time than on a KVM
host itself.
Whenever something is happening in kvm virtual machine, the performance toolkit
shows that KVM host is doing about 50% in supervisor mode and 50% in emulation
mode which makes the t/v ratio for this machine about 2 which is pretty bad. I
didn’t have time to do more investigation on this yet.
The KVM host (Server) sees about 50% cpu time as a “steal time”.

Anyone else played with it?
Thanks
Gregory Powiedziuk