I apologize for bad typing ....

There is no good TCO tool for this, the IBM tools come close.  It's not just
about the io, the chip speed, the ability to push pull,to offload io onto other
chips.  It's about all things. No x86 platform has the scads of shared cache at
multiple levels of the chip that z does. You want to bog down X do context
switching.
You think your X can handle the io well remember to add more X cores to do that
io on my eckd io doesn't count.

Show me an X system that you have added 3800 Oracle Dbs to, without growing
floor space, power consumption or network switch connections. I have a Z
environment it's been done to.

Show me an X system w 35000 + wwpn /lun zone pairs  that supports swapping the
server hw without rezoning.

I can go on but I hate typing w one finger on my phone.
Phil

Sent from my iPhone